Acupuncture at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford
Ancient China brings to the Western world the wonders of Acupuncture. Over the past few decades, Acupuncture has been incorporated into physiotherapy treatment options. Your physiotherapist at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford may recommend Acupuncture as a supplemental therapy to promote rapid healing and full recovery.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture manages pain and supports the healing of soft tissue injuries by naturally enhancing your body’s responses. You feel less pain when your physiotherapist stimulates the release of natural pain-relieving endorphins. These chemicals, like melatonin, and serotonin, assist the healing process as part of a comprehensive physiotherapy treatment plan.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture treatments restore your normal energy balance with very fine needles your physiotherapist inserts through the skin and tissues. The needles target points along “meridians” to reduce your pain. With less pain, your body more easily restores balance to promote rapid and complete healing.
Is Acupuncture Painful?
No. Most patients notice sensations, but they should not be painful. Acupuncture needles are super thin and flexible, so many people don’t feel them at all. Some people feel only a sensation when inserted. Our registered physiotherapists at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford are professionally trained to provide painless acupuncture treatments.
Benefits of Acupuncture in Abbotsford
Acupuncture is commonly integrated into a complete physiotherapy recovery plan. Your physiotherapist at Hillcrest Physiotherapy may recommend Acupuncture:
- For Stress Reduction – Acupuncture can reduce stress hormone levels, increase a sense of well-being, and balance moods.
- To Reduce Pain – Acupuncture provides drug-free relief from back pain, joint pain, and neck tension, reduces swelling, and inflammation.
- For Headaches – Many patients at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford are happy with Acupuncture’s effects on headaches and migraines.
- To Support Your Immune System – Acupuncture helps boost your immune system, often reducing the duration and relieving symptoms.
- For Greater Mental Clarity, Energy, and Better Sleep – Acupuncture helps balance your system for more acuity, energy, and sleep.
- To Treat Repetitive Strains – Acupuncture supports the healing of repetitive stress injuries, potentially eliminating the need for drugs or surgery.
Acupuncture’s most common side effect is relaxation and a sense of euphoria!
What to Expect During Your Acupuncture Treatment
Your physiotherapist at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford uses single-use, pre-sterilized needles. Once the specialized needles are placed in the chosen locations, you rest quietly for 20 to 30 minutes.
You’ll probably need about three sessions, but many patients notice an immediate improvement. Results do add up, and pain reduces as you have more treatments.
Book an Acupuncture Appointment at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford
Acupuncture at Hillcrest Physiotherapy in Abbotsford can reduce pain, stimulate healing, and improve your mobility. So, call today to see how Acupuncture can help you.